What is Kick Starter?
Kick Starter is a business planning competition and small grants program funded by the Macquarie Group Foundation for early stage social ventures. Apply today.
About Kick Starter
Kick Starter is a business planning competition, mentoring and small grants program funded by the Macquarie Group Foundation for early stage social ventures.
In 2016 Kick Starter will award 6 x $10,000 grants (across two rounds) to eligible social enterprises as part of a two-stage process:
- An initial application and 3–5 minute pitch in person to a judging panel and
- A 12-week business plan development phase involving mentor support by a small team of Macquarie Directors.
- Be a part of a social enterprise.
- Have an innovative social venture either at pilot or start-up phase that has preferably not received more than $25,000 in funding and can demonstrate at least 25% of the venture’s revenue will be derived from trading income.
- Complete all components of the application form included and be available on dedicated Pitch Days. Finalists will be required to submit a summarised Business Plan (no longer than 8 pages) at the conclusion of the 12 week mentorship plan.
- Attend/participate in Program evaluation.
- Be able to demonstrate:
- The start up venture is innovative i.e., it addresses an unmet social or community need; and/or creates a new model or way of meeting that need; and/or draws on existing innovations and tailors that to meet a local need.
- The grant will be leveraged in order to access additional funding support.
- The applicant’s ability to engage relevant partners in the innovation design, development and implementation of the social venture.
“Kick Starter was a great boost to our organisation. Of course the money was great but more than that Macquarie has been supportive in terms of resources and mentoring from day one my mentor challenged me to see our business model in a different way and her passion for what we did meant that I listened.” - Jamie Moore, Hello Sunday Morning